Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sublime

Excellent, intense workout today.  Sometimes it feels great to push to fatigue and exhaustion.  Recovery was tough, though and it took several hours to feel normal.   If I'm going to keep stacking runs with lifting work I have to pay a little more attention to electrolytes and nutrition in the middle of the work day, rather than eating the Dannon "light and fit" yogurt that is handy.  I started using Endurox years ago for long brick workouts when I was doing triathlon, then again this year with lifting.  Maybe it would help to bring it and use it but I'm sure there's something cheaper and less complicated.  In any case it was an excellent workout.


What a great surprise to see that Jess had been able to get out for a walk today.  I wish I could have walked with her.  I did have the sublime pleasure of holding Max (now 5 weeks old) as he slept after dinner and just maybe nodding off myself for a while.

Today:
Pull-Ups - 2 sets each, max reps: wide grip, narrow grip, and chin-ups; then 1 set of 2 pullups/2 chinups/repeat to exhaustion
Push-Ups - 2 sets each, max reps: standard, military, wide, diamond, decline, "dive-bomber"
Lifting - back work
[some may recognize slight modification of the satisfying p90x "back and chest" workout]
Run - speed intervals: 5 min warm up; 3 sets of 5 min 30 sec fast 30 sec slow alternate with 5 min easy; 5 min cool down.  Total 35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment