Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Monday, January 11, 2010

Equilibrium Restored


Yesterday was a very good day with a challenging run.  Although it was a frigid morning, I waited until the temperature had risen to the teens and went for a run with the wind at my back.   Despite a little slippage on the snow-packed dirt, I was warm and didn't have to cover my face.  Turning back was a different story, as the wind blew directly at me and for the second half of the run I was fiddling with a neck gaiter / face shield the whole time.  The running itself was nice and I am maintaining the recent moderate gains in my speed; the challenges have been coming from elsewhere lately (mostly the environment).

Up nearly all night for work.

Today was not so bad as I was able to nap and rest in the middle of the day.   I feel refreshed, relaxed, and somewhat back in balance as I think about the week ahead.

Yesterday: 11 miles running, short yoga practice
Yoday: Rest Day

No comments:

Post a Comment