Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Friday, February 26, 2010

Spring is here?

As usual for this odd winter, we are getting far less snow in northern Vermont than places like Baltimore.  Though we were expecting a big winter storm, we instead had temperatures in the mid 40s, with some more sunshine!  This was my first run in shorts since the fall -- always a big milestone.  The fact that it was sleeting doesn't dampen my excitement (though it did dampen my clothes) one bit.  After PT I was planning to do a quick 4 miles, so I asked my physical therapist where one could run without running into too much traffic.  One of the other folks there drew me a map of a 5.8 mile run, which turned into 6+ miles and tired me out.  I am at that sweet spot in a training cycle where I have been pushing hard but am still feeling good (If I were smart I would recognize this as the "pre-injury" state and back the hell off).  I did take it easy during most of the run today, enjoying the sunshine poking through the sleet.  I did not see a sleetbow.  Now tired and ready for bed.

Yesterday: PT exercises, yoga 20 min
Today: Run 6.6 miles in 1:01 easy (~9:15 pace)

1 comment:

  1. I just told my Dad yesterday when he proclaimed spring (in Minnesota) to remember when March comes in like a lamb, it will go out like a lion.

    ReplyDelete