Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Monday, February 15, 2010

The skiing was cold...

...but the tequila was warm.

I had a great day skiing with two good friends, despite windy and icy conditions at Sugarbush.  When they put up a sign warning of "thin cover," I would be well-advised in the future to heed it.  I skied two of the gnarliest runs ever, not because of the fairly moderate moguls but because of the combination of rocks, foliage, and ice poking up through the snow at every turn.  I suppose this is a "best of eastern skiing" moment.  It was a fun day, and an even funner night as we went out on the town in downtown Montpelier.  We ended up sampling tequilas but were no the worse for wear this morning.

Today had a great day, a combination of President's Day and a belated Valentine's celebration with Jess.  We watched "District 9," one of the most original science fiction movies I've seen in a while.  I had a good run at 2:30 or so, in the sunshine and with above-freezing temperatures, again with an incredible view of the mountains.  I went to pick the girls up, and when I got home caught the aroma of Jess's gourmet meal of the day -- chicken braised in a shallot and apricot red wine reduction, and pesto couscous.  Wow!

Yesterday - Downhill skiing (sorry no tele)
Today - Run 5.5 miles easy

No comments:

Post a Comment