Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Sunday, February 7, 2010

back in action (or at least physical therapy)

A few days off because of my neck, a good PT session yesterday, and I'm more or less back in action.  Today I worked in the morning, had a nice hour on the indoor bike, and then an almost magical afternoon with the kids while Jess was out playing soccer.  Looking forward now to a hot meal and some time to relax this evening.  It's snowing lightly here and it's cozy inside.

I have to say it's always interesting making a major detour from one's training goals -- for me the change is from working hard on building speed and strength to working hard on regaining the ability to turn my neck while still staying in reasonable shape!  Just another exercise in going with the flow, although I have to admit a frustrating one (as you can tell I'm not quite there in the going with the flow thing).  It will probably only be a few more days before I can't stand not running and I hope my neck is healed enough to resist the jarring and not be set back too far.  Well, I suppose I'm in store for more cycling and isolated lower body work for a while -- not the worst thing!  Still looking forward to a PR in May and who knows beyond that.

Last two days: rest/physical therapy
Today: Indoor bike one hour

1 comment: