Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Friday, February 5, 2010

Pain in the neck.

Literally.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I strained my neck doing pullups last week.  Well, it hasn't exactly been getting better.  Of course, I haven't exactly been "taking it easy," as I should have, either.  Turns out that even a fairly easy run jars the neck in ways that can really hurt.  Who could have known?  So I'm finally getting serious with physical therapy, heat pads, as much rest as I can manage, and muscle relaxants for sleep.  My only fear is that I won't be physically able to restrain myself from working out and will make things worse again.  I guess this means I need to use reverse discipline to prevent myself from working out.

Otherwise, I had a nice run yesterday in the snow and may try to do some yoga later today, but will try to enjoy this beautiful clear day and a nice evening at home regardless.

Yesterday: 4 mile run
Today: ??

No comments:

Post a Comment