Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Monday, February 8, 2010

Silver lining

I've been thinking about where this whole injury thing fits in to the big picture.  Aside from the obvious, which is to be thankful for what I have and the many blessings of family, friends, health, and the opportunity to have some amazing experiences, how do I turn this admittedly minor setback into a positive?  Well, after getting burned out on running, working on different areas of fitness, and getting back into running through more balanced training and a focus on the upcoming marathon, my inability to do any hard training is making me absolutely crazy to run.  When I get back to it I will be so glad that I think "joy de running" will overshadow the cold, the dark, all of the things that may have been affecting my attitude lately.  So for now, some (light) cross training and looking forward to getting back on my feet.

1 comment: