Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Traveling, Traveling

Running often grounds me during traveling, and it's a great way to explore a new (or old) place.  It's quick enough to get somewhere, but slow enough to see and experience a neighborhood, a trail, or a feature of the terrain.

I was in Florida last week and had a great time on some old familiar running routes; this weekend I was in Vancouver, BC (an incredible city that is new to me) and got a chance to see a couple of great areas while running.  It was 90 minutes from when my plane touched down to when I had my shoes on and was running -- all I had to do from the airpot was takean  inexpensive and quick train into town and check into my hotel.  I ran a third of a mile on city streets and cut down to the seawall, where I ran for a few more miles along the ocean smelling the salt air and feeling spitting rain and a breeze.  I turned around after reaching Stanley Park, which I explored again two days later on a sunny and calm day.  Anyway, the trip was nice but the running (and other workouts) seemed to enable the enjoyment of dinners, the conference, and other parts of the trip.


Here is  the view from our hotel room (the city streets) and, above,  the view from the convention center (notice the floatplane landing).

Sunday: run 4 miles (Vancouver)
Monday: yoga 55 minutes, core workout, 40 pullups (28 std, 12 chin), 20 situps, assorted pushups
Tuesday: run 4.1 miles (Vancouver), 10 situps
Today: rest, 15 situps

No comments:

Post a Comment