Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Barbecue

First barbecue of the season coming up this afternoon, and I think it may be the hottest day of the spring so far (yes, all the way up to 80!). 

In preparation I ran this morning while it was still cool.  What I find amazing is how each run has its own story arc, similar to all past runs but different enough to keep it interesting.   In broadest terms, I guess the arc contains: pre-run/motivation - warmup - running and thinking - post-run.  Today I was quite aware of moving through the story, but barely aware of running.  Some variety of the "flow" state, complete with meta-perception while more or less effortlessly moving through the activity at hand.

Today: run 4 miles, 90 situps

No comments:

Post a Comment