Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Monday, May 24, 2010

The race is on

Unexpectedly, at the last minute, we have found someone to watch the kids so that both Jess and I can run in this weekend's Vermont City Marathon.  I am pumped.  Now to decide: run the race as a marathon, or go all out in the first half and then just try and finish...   Either way I'm undertrained so pressure will be low.  I can't wait to get out there!

Still going with the situp contest.

I've also started my own 1-person contest:  the 2010 pull-up/chin-up challenge.
The first day I started with 5 pullups and 5 chinups
I'm now up to 8 and 8.
The idea is to see how far I can go without coming off the bar in either set - so, it's a clean 8, rest, then a clean 8 again but with chinup grip.
Since it's my contest, I do this about every 2-3 days.  Goal is to increase my rep number, I was getting too much into choppy sets that didn't seem to build much endurance...

Yesterday - rest (if that's what you call 4 hours in a hot attic packing boxes...)
Today - 110 situps, 16 pullups (8 std, 8 chinup), 55 pushups, PT back stretches

2 comments:

  1. Have a great race this weekend, however you decide to run it!

    Sounds like you're getting ready for the move back to FL...then you can call it hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the line you'll know what to do

    ReplyDelete