Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Thursday, March 11, 2010

That's a big burger

I don't write much about nutrition because I try to eat well out of habit rather than thinking too much about it.  In the past I was a fairly obsessive calorie counter and meal planner, but now I am finding it much easier, and just as effective,  to simply stock the house with good food, snack frequently, and forgive the occasional dietary mishap.  Today would clearly be a dietary mishap.  Three meals out (breakfast, dinner, and second dinner), with the "dinner" consisting of a huge burger and fries from Macdonald's.  I only eat there once a year or so, and tonight I remember why.  The food tastes so good it can't be real (yes, I know it's not), and I can literally feel an undigested french fry poking into my stomach lining now, four hours later.

Aside from that, it was not a bad day.  I got in my last gasp of tele skiing in 50 degree sunny weather -- last gasp until who knows when because I'm giving away the torture devices that pass for my tele boots, and because we're moving to Florida soon.  I also took a fun little run in 50 degree sunny weather.  Tomorrow I'll relax and try to prepare, mentally and nutritionally, for my long run on Saturday. (Such preparation is a habit I've fallen out of.)  I'm excited because I have a running partner for this one -- a great topic but one for another time.

Today: telemark ski, run 4 miles, yoga 20 minutes
Tomorrow: PT back exercises

1 comment:

  1. At least the french fry stuck in your intestine for a little bit...it wouldn't be the same story for me...

    ReplyDelete