Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pushing through.

As usual, when I ramp up my training mileage (however slightly, as any bean counters will notice), I feel it.  I am making a conscious choice to push through this for another week and a half or so, through a mid-distance run this weekend and a long-ish run over Thanksgiving weekend.  After that I will take a few weeks to recuperate and then have another hard training cycle.  Having said that, I feel great!  I had a very good run on Tuesday, another run and calisthenic session yesterdayt that left me felt like someone had punched me in the arm 100 times, and today some outstanding yoga in the backyard while the kids played outside.  There's something great about triangle or right angle when you look up and see trees and blue sky, rather than a ceiling.

My run on Tuesday was a loop I used to do when I first got into running.  I had planned to write about the memories that flooded back, but it ended up being a run like any other.

On a truly sad note, I am on the last page of my current running/training log.  This is the second in a series of two notebooks I have kept since 1998 (more than one third of my life).  The sad part is that they don't make this notebook anymore, and I don't quite know how I'm going to handle the change.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Monday: rest
Tues: run 4.5 miles
Wed: run 3 miles, 30 pull ups, 100 push ups, 20 knees to elbows
Today: yoga 35 minutes

3 comments:

  1. Training notebook? Isn't that what this blog is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still keep a separate paper log (one line per day). It is a fairly ingrained ritual for me now and I don't want to give it up. The blog lets me expand on workouts or thoughts but I like having 4 weeks "at a glance"...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have a soft spot for my notebooks. I enjoy a Mead soft bound myself - no danger in those guys going under any time soon. I don't know ... any way you can find stock on-line?

    ReplyDelete