Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Minimalist

This turned out to be a fun workout that came together in my head as I was running.  It required no equipment except shoes and a pull-up bar, which I used in the local park.  I was sluggish during the middle section, but finished strong.  Also didn't help that the pullup bars were over sand, so every time I rose from burpee to pullup I got a shower of sand in my face, hair, and eyes.  A good time.

I think I am going to run the Gainesville marathon Feb 20, so with 3+ months to train I'd better get started!  Just decided on the way to work this am.  Will post training schedule soon.

Ran 2.5 miles
4 sets of:  
    5 burpee to pullups
    5 knee to elbows
    10 wide push-ups
    10 shoulder press push-ups
    20 wide arms circles (10 forward 10 backward)
Ran 2 miles more

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for race motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I'm recently against making my fitness goals public, but i'll sign the dotted line for the Gainesville Marathon. Instead of a goal I'll get semantical and call it a lark.

    ReplyDelete