Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Rest week

My body felt beat up after this weekend, which was a beautiful Easter weekend with family.  I feel like I haven't been training as much as I want, but looking back the burpees were relentless and my legs felt like jello.  I quit the burpee war, which is unfortunate since I was really enjoying it, but I need to put the focus on running right now.   The other thing I did this weekend was swing, carry, lift, and otherwise play with four 30-40 pound kids clamoring for more.  So I overdid it in general, and felt it on Monday.  At some point the goal will be to be able to do the burpees and swinging of children without feeling like I overdid it, but I'm clearly not there yet.  Another goal!

This is actually a good week to take it easy, since I am working a lot and wouldn't have been able to work out properly anyways.  So, I'll do some stretching and yoga, and come back strong the following week.

3 days ago: 20 burpees, run 4.5 miles
2 days ago: 21 burpees, run 4 miles
yesterday: rest
today: rest / stretch

1 comment:

  1. Don't beat yourself up over it. Kick some ass @ the marathon and we'll burpee war again ... err ... maybe in a year. Actually, maybe never. The burpee war kinda' sucks.

    ReplyDelete