Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Friday, April 9, 2010

Not so good at resting

I've never been that good at the "rest" or "easy" portion of training cycles.  I swore up and down that this week would be a rest week, with a few days off (check), physical therapy, light yoga, and one or two easy runs.  Absolutely no lifting, especially pull-ups.  So what did I do yesterday, after my physical therapy work?  A core/pull-up/pushup workout.  Fortunately, or unfortunately, it felt great, so it will reinforce my tendency to ignore training plans and do what I feel like.  I ran today and felt light-footed (though not lightheaded).  So I hope I got enough rest, because it's over now.  Today's unplanned resistance workout was only slightly less strenuous: flipping the girls over my head after they got a running start.  For some reason the 30 pounder feels fine but the 40 pounder is a bit of a strain...

Next blogging task: list of top 10 runs ever

2 days ago: yoga 25 minutes

Yesterday: PT back exercises, core workout ("ab ripper X" + 5 knees to elbows + 20x3 leg lifts from dip bar), 10 pushups with side arm raise, 2 x 10 wide pushup, 2 x 10 std pushup, 2 x 10 military pushup; 25 pullups (15 standard, 10 chinups)

Today: Ran 4 miles

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to hearing about those 10 runs. trying to guess a few... xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your unplanned resistance training! I need to get me a few of those weights; they sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete