Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Friday, April 2, 2010

low mileage

Looking back on my training so far this winter and spring, I am not quite at the point I'd like to be in terms of weekly mileage.  Some of this is because I took it easy for a few weeks after my neck injury, but mostly I can't quite figure it out.  Having too much fun with "cross-training?".  I think I'll shoot for one extra run per week over the next month or so.  I'm also curious, and perhaps a little nervous, to see how the burpees affect my running performance as they become a more substantial daily activity.

2 days ago: run 4 miles (fartlek), 17 burpees
yesterday: PT back exercises, 18 burpees
today: yoga 45 minutes (intense), 19 burpees

1 comment:

  1. I think the "not quite at the point I'd like to be" is common in training. Perhaps because the more you do, the more you expect of yourself.

    ReplyDelete