Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fall is coming, baby

Well, we continue to have just a hint of coolness in the morning air, so the early runs are more pleasant.  Last month was busy at work so I fell off the wagon a bit as far as working out.  In September my plan is to exercise every day, without exception.  I've managed to stick with it so far despite an extreme lack of motivation last night.  I'm energized by the weather, by my old running group getting back together for some group runs, and by a few races coming up this fall and winter.  I do think I will be seduced (once again) by the lure of the marathon, so if I can come up with a good training program, not peak too early, and not injure myself, there will be more to come on that topic.  I'll probably go with the "Five Points of Life" marathon conveniently located here in town, in February.  Then, maybe I will be psychologically ready to think about planning for a 100 mile race.  Maybe.  In the short term, the monthly goal:

Goal for September:  Work out every day - one day at a time.  Keep me honest, friends.

Sep 1: Yoga 1 hour

Sep 2:
  Run 1.5 miles warmup / speedwork
  2 sets of:
     dumbbell bicep curls
     dumbbell tricep extensions
     20 squats (10 static, 10 squat jumps;  second set with weights)
     dumbbell overhead shoulder presses
     10 pullups (5 standard, 5 side grip)
     30 pushups (10 std, 10 wide, 10 military)
     20 weighted lunges
     run 0.5 miles in between sets
  Run 1 mile speedwork [total running 3 miles]

Sep 3: Run 4 miles

Sep 4: Yoga 35 minutes

Sep 5: Indoor bike 45 minutes, short core workout.
   

2 comments:

  1. I'll be cheering you on - every day of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Goal!

    I, too, fell off the wagon last week = working too hard.

    The coolness in the morning this early in the fall is quite welcome! I'm loving it as well - not that I've been out running in it :(

    ReplyDelete