Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Goals

I came home today to find the girls outside playing naked in the dirt, Jess about to hose them down, and Max watching raptly from inside the sliding glass door.  Suffice it to say, a good time was had by all.  Despite work being busy and somewhat draining, I am so fortunate to have this amazing family to come home to.
As for training, my September goal was simple, but I failed abruptly after working nearly all night last Thursday.  Something so easy -- work out every day -- was out my reach.  So what mindset to take?  Give myself a break, or grit my teeth and vow to try again, harder?  Is doing both a cop-out?  I wrote earlier about how much planning to put into training, and I think the time has come to emerge from the shell of randomness and plan out weeks or months at a time.  Sometimes having a plan is the right thing (though sometimes not!)

This was the coolest morning since moving to Florida -- I am looking forward to an intense run tomorrow with some pull-ups, burpees, etc. in the park.  Yesterday's run was nice but dark - until daylight savings time hits I've moved from starting before dawn to finishing before dawn.

Saturday: run 7 miles
Sunday: yoga 20 minutes, indoor bike 20 minutes, 10 pullups and 2  sets bicep curls
Monday: rest
Tuesday: run 4 miles:
Wednesday (today): rest
Thursday (tomorrow): run 4 miles.

2 comments:

  1. I have been eating pizza and sitting in a hot tub for training, so yeah, I'm feeling ya. Have a crazy and awful goal in mind for sometime this winter ... am going to keep it a secret for a while to allow the idea to build in power. Structured training starts today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe, reveal the secret in style when you do. And let me in on it in time to join in if it is that kind of goal.

    ReplyDelete