Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

sublime, and taking it "easy"

First, a great afternoon.  I probably overuse the word "sublime," but this afternoon and evening were.  I got home a little early from work and heard everyone playing out back, so I went out to find Jess and Max on a blanket in our wonderfully shaded backyard, and the girls in the kiddie-pool.  Naturally, I put on some swimming trunks and hopped in.  Am I that wimpy that Florida hose-water feels cold when two mischievious little elves are dumping on my head with buckets?  It was cool and refreshing after sitting in my inferno of a car on the way home, and great to be with the family in such a relaxing way.  We fired up the grill, made burgers, and ate outside afterward.

My workouts have been fairly scant lately, but I've been feeling good.  Not restless or grouchy like I usually am when I don't exercise regularly, but just good.  My neck, knee, and wrist are all feeling better, so perhaps this falls into the realm of "listening to my body" and simply resisting my tendency to overdo it.  I think this restful phase will work itself out soon, naturally, but for now I am really trying to go with the flow, sleep, and be as present as possible at home and work.  An early morning run tomorrow will be nice, though.

1 comment: