Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 6/100: Getting into the Flow

Yesterday (Day 5) I had a great yoga practice, one of my favorite: the "Grounding Afternoon Practice" from YogaYak.  This is a fairly fast-paced, moderate intensity vinyasa practice with a nice flow.  I actually lost myself for the second half of the practice, only regaining awareness of the surrounding world as the practice entered the final relaxation/shavasana.  That happens often in running but hasn't happened too much with yoga (or any other activity).  I welcome the feeling of losing myself.  Nutrition was fine yesterday though I did have a root beer when we had company over.  I actually consider eating with friends to be one of the sacred rituals (and highlights) of life, so it is hard to feel bad about enjoying food or drink in that context.  Breaking bread and sharing conversation is the stuff of life.

Today I haven't done yoga yet, but will later.  Making plans to do some swimming before work in the coming weeks, as the city pools are open early for very cheap per-use rates.

No comments:

Post a Comment