Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 4/100 of Clean Living Challenge

So far, so good.

My biggest triumph was completing my yoga practice yesterday despite a workday that didn't finish until 11:30 pm.  After a short relaxation practice, I squeaked by before midnight.  Otherwise I'm feeling well and enjoying (truly!) the already lessened drive to eat just one hour after finishing a meal.  Have I achieved lightness of being and spiritual awakening?  Well, not quite, but there are 96 days left, and after that, a lifetime.

Day 3: Yoga practice from Yoga Download - "Gentle Hatha Flow #1".  Sometimes the audio sessions are nice, relieving the need to look at a screen from an odd angle and allowing focus on movement and alignment.  Instead of relaxing me immediately, this lifted me from exhaustion and enabled me to fall asleep easily later rather than ruminate about the day.  Food: wheat bagel, boiled egg, banana; hummus sandwich, yogurt, carrots; falafel sandwich (purchased).

Day 4 (today):  Yoga DVD: Rodney Yee's strength building yoga - an interesting and fairly slow paced set of 2 (really 3) sections focusing on vinyasa, inversions, and standing poses.  Contains an intense section of handstand preparations.  Food: bagel (white!) with cream cheese, turkey and cheese sandwich on wheat pita, carrots, apple, yogurt; brown rice/beans/chicken sausage, green beans, yogurt, orange.

I haven't written much about our garden here.  One of my small, daily pleasures is walking into the yard and seeing how the garden is doing.  Cucumbers were an early promising harvest, although the cucumbers, melon, and zucchini are mostly killed by mold now.  We have corn, carrots, tomatoes (lots!), green beans, and peppers growing; the herb row has been providing daily "spice" in our lives for a couple of months now...


It's getting hot, so we'll see how everything does in the summer.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, falafel love! ...although a confusing food because I think Mediterranean fare is suppose to be healthy and then it's deep fried....so...not healthy?

    Nice garden too.

    ReplyDelete