Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Two very nice runs

Today: Run 4 miles pace on treadmill (pace step-up)

This was an unexpected run with some late afternoon found time.  I started at a pace of 9:20 and finished with a pace of 7:40.  Nothing like letting oneself warm up and relax into the run.  I did some detective work and figured out just how I can place my right foot to protect the knee somewhat.  Also listened to my itunes running playlist - each song brings back a different memory, so it is fun to use.

---

Yesterday: Indoor bike 8.6 miles / 30 minutes (107 W)
               and 25 pullups, 50 pushups (various), 100 alternating leg extension crunches

Excellent and early morning.  Had a good day, which I attribute to the workout, at least partially.

---

Friday: Run 55 minutes with 4 x 5 minute high effort (4/5) intervals

Here I ran from work to a park in town, and back.  I ran farther than originally intended but knew a water fountain awaited. The taste of rusty water reminded me of canoing and hiking trips where I filled water from rusty pipes, and even more distantly of childhood drinks from same.  Nothing like an olfactory / taste memory.

---

Thursday: Yoga 35 minutes vigorous

1 comment:

  1. I admire your ability to mix up the routine. You make it seem effortless.

    ReplyDelete