Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Taper

It has been an odd taper week, with work less busy (and different) than usual, so the routine is disrupted in many ways.  I can't say that I am particularly restless yet, but after tomorrow's planned 2 mile run (will I have the willpower to stop?) and a rest day Saturday I am hoping that I will feel energetic for the race on Sunday.  The weather is warming up a little much for my tastes, but I will picture a 45-50 degree start without humidity.

Tomorrow (Friday) - 2 mile easy run planned
Today (Thursday) - yoga easy 20 min
Yesterday (Wed) - 4 mile run (actually kind of hot out!), 35 pullups
Tues - pushups / core workout
Mon - 3 mile run
Sun - dumbbell bicep, tricep, shoulder workout

2 comments:

  1. Good luck this weekend. Looking forward to the race recap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds similar to my workout load, though my 'work' load has been a real bitch. Still things are shaping up nicely for fresh legs on sunday.

    p.s. I'm looking @ the Fat Tire right now!

    ReplyDelete