Running (124) Life (58) Family (50) nutrition (20) injury (9) training (6) yoga (6) cycling (5)

Friday, June 25, 2010

In Florida at last

After a long but uneventful move, a great visit with our family in Savannah (including one of the faithful followers of this blog), and a lot of packing and unpacking, we are here.  With the kitchen done and the kids getting used to the place, it is starting to feel like home.

From a running perspective, it really is home, as we are about a mile from the house I grew up in, and in the very same tree-covered neighborhoods and parks in which I started running seriously in 1996.  I've run a couple of times here so far, and I guess you could say that I'm getting used to the heat.  The running has a different feel, and one that I know I'll enjoy a lot once my body resets its thermostat.  Still not unpacked enough to do much equipment-based workouts, but running, push-ups, and basic dumbbell work are well within reach.

Injury report is mixed.  Neck is healing well, feeling great the last few days (even today after lifting a heavy table and bookshelf).  Wrist probably won't get better until after we finish unpacking and moving things around, but overall is doing ok.  The knee, however, is screaming in protest at any twisting force and may be a while in healing.  Oh well, such is life.  I can still run, play, and enjoy myself!

More as life in FL progresses.

Tuesday: ran 4 miles in Savannah, our last stop before arriving

Wednesday: ran 4 miles here

Yesterday: rest

Today:
Calisthenics:
4 x 25 pushups (std)
4 x 25 alternating straight leg side crunches
Dumbells:
2 x 8  bicep curls
2 x 8 shoulder presses
2 x 40 weighted arm circles
2 x 8 crouching curls (each side)
2 x 16 weighted straight arm in and out raises

Tomorrow: run again.

2 comments:

  1. I've started training for our, as yet, mystery challenge! Also, we need a new war. Kate took sits just today. I was thinking lunges; but really either you, Gary, or Jess should pick. Think it over.

    ReplyDelete